Roana and Angelica are two of the best characters in the game for healing their team and putting up barriers.
Both of them are so useful that they can carry a team on their own, but Roana might be better than Angelica at keeping your characters alive.
To show you why, I’ll compare these two Characters based on their Skill Sets and how they do in the three most important parts of the game:
- PVE (Adventure & General Farming)
- PVP (Arena & World Arena)
- Wyvern Hunts (Speed Set Farming)
Skill Sets of Roana And Angelica
Even though they both make your whole team more likely to survive, there are a few key differences between them that should make you choose one over the other depending on the battle.
- Soul Purification: Does damage to one enemy and puts a Barrier on the ally with the lowest health. The Barrier lasts for 2 turns and is based on how much HP she has. This skill can also be Soul-burned to put the Barrier on all allies instead.
- Vigilant Eye: If an ally is hit with a Counter, Dual Attack, or Extra Attack, their HP is healed and their Combat Readiness goes up. Again, how much she can heal depends on how much HP she has left.
- Noble Rekos heals all allies and gives them a two-turn-long Revive buff. Roana’s max HP also affects how much HP they get when they come back.
- Holy Strike: Does damage to one enemy and has a 25% chance to stun them for one turn.
- Origin of Life: Heals the two allies who are the sickest. Angelica’s total HP is used to figure out how much HP she can get back. This skill can hit an ally a second time if they still have the least amount of health out of everyone on the team.
- Guide of the Goddess: Heals all allies and gives them a Barrier and Immunity for two turns. Angelica’s HP affects how much HP she gets back and how many Barriers she makes. You can also Soul-burn this skill to make the buffs last for two more turns.
Even though Angelica’s Skill Set already looks great, it’s clear that Roana has the upper hand for one simple reason: she can bring her allies back to life.
In terms of pure healing, though, I’d say Angelica is still on par with Roana and, thanks to her Immunity buff, can even beat her in some fights.
PVE (Adventure & General Farming)
In most PVE stages, either of these two will be a great partner for your other characters, either as a quick healer or a tank.
The only thing you really need to watch out for is the type of element they are.
This can affect how well they do in battle as a whole.
Even though Roana is still slightly better than her fellow healer, Angelica is a better choice in most Adventure and Event Stages because she is easier to get to.
PVP (Arena & World Arena)
When it comes to PVP, Roana has a little bit more of an advantage.
Angelica has a nice multi-target healing spell and a buff that makes her immune to damage. But she doesn’t do very well against fast weapons like nukes and cleavers.
Roana, on the other hand, is known as one of the most annoying characters to fight in the Arena and RTA for a reason: she is the bane of all Counter and Multi-attack teams in PVP.
If the enemy doesn’t have a reliable Buff Stripper or Extinction user, Roana’s Revives will pretty much make your whole team immortal.
Ideal for crushing most low- to mid-tier teams in Arena.
Wyvern Hunts (Speed Set Farming)
Roana may have gotten most of the attention up to this point.
But Angelica shines more in Wyvern Hunts, which is where you farm the most useful pieces of gear in the game.
Just put her together with:
- A full HP set
- Put her on the frontline
- Slap a Prophetic Candlestick on her
And now you have a free-to-play Wyvern tank!
Angelica can carry your team all the way to Auto-Repeating Wyvern Stage 13 if you have the right DPS characters. How good is she?
And if you want to know which DPS characters work best with her, you should check out my Wyvern Hunt hero tier list.