In FFXIV, Crafting is the only way to get the luxurious Magicked Bed Mount. It’s a one-star Carpenter Recipe for level 80 that requires the Master Carpenter VII Tome.
Since Patch 5.05, you can buy the Tome and other Master Recipes at the following places for 400 Yellow Scrips:
- Anna (Ishgard – Foundation – The Firmament, X:14 Y:13)
- Diana (Ishgard – Foundation – The Firmament, X:10 Y:8)
- Rowena’s Representative (Ishgard – Foundation, X:11 Y:12)
- Rowena’s Representative (Kugane, X:12 Y:11)
- Rowena’s Representative (Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks, X:9 Y:11)
- Rowena’s Representative (New Gridania, X:12 Y:12)
- Rowena’s Representative (Ul’dah – Steps of Nald, X:9 Y:8).
- Sanana (Tamamizu – The Ruby Sea, X:28 Y:15)
- Scrip Exchange (Eulmore, X:11 Y:11)
- Scrip Exchange (Idyllshire, X:6 Y:7)
- Scrip Exchange (Revenant’s Toll – Mor Dhona, X:22 Y:7)
Getting the 400 Scrips themselves shouldn’t be too hard.
Crafting, on the other hand, will take some work.
Making Your Bed And Lying In It
As you might have guessed, there’s a good reason why this Mount costs millions of Gil.
Some of the Materials are hard to find, and the Recipe is a Master Craft in and of itself.
The gold room above that sparkles will make sense soon. But here’s how the recipe for the Magic Bed works:
- 30 x Wind Clusters
- 30 x Ice Clusters
- 3 Enchanted Elm Lumber
Many people who are looking for their floating leisure mount stop at the Enchanted Elm Lumber.
This very rare item can only be found in two places: The Dungeons of Lyhe Ghiah and The Shifting Oubliettes of Lyhe Ghiah.
You can only get to these special places with Zonureskin Treasure Maps at level 80.
You can get one of these Maps every day from any level 75+ Miner, Botanist, or Fishing Node. Also, even if you finish that Map, there is only a small chance that it will open a way into the Dungeons.
The Dungeons themselves can be done easily with a party of four, though more people will make them go faster.
The fact that Dungeons are games of chance makes it even harder.
To move on, you’ll need to choose the right doors or win roulette spins.
Most of the time, the Lumber is dropped in Chambers 3 and later. The best place to find it is in the last room.
So I wish you luck!
Undyed Velveteen (Level 24 Weaver Recipe)
- 1 x Cotton Yarn (Level 12 Weaver Recipe, various City Vendors)
- One Dew Thread (Level 23 Weaver Recipe)
- 2 x Diremite Web (Banemite – North Shroud, X:18 Y:23)
- 4 x Cloudsbreath
- Obtained via Submersible Voyages (Free Company Workshop)
- Seeds obtained via Airship Voyages (Free Company Workshop)
- Obtained via Gardening (Personal Housing Plot)
Cloudsbreath is a name you’ll know if you’ve ever been in the business of enchanting furniture.
From Submersible Voyages, you can only get it in the following ways:
|South Isle of Zozonan (Rank 50)||3-12 Cloudsbreath|
|Tangaroa’s Beacon (Rank 78)||3 Cloudsbreath|
|The Isle of Sacrament (Rank 70)||1-3 Cloudsbreath|
In the same way, you can get Cloudsbreath Seeds to plant for these Airship Voyages:
|Sea of Clouds – Sector 17 (Rank 50)||1-3 Cloudsbreath Seeds|
|Sea of Clouds – Sector 18 (Rank 50)||1-3 Cloudsbreath Seeds|
|Sea of Clouds – Sector 19 (Rank 50)||1-2 Cloudsbreath Seeds|
|Sea of Clouds – Sector 20 (Rank 50)||1-2 Cloudsbreath Seeds|
|Sea of Clouds – Sector 21 (Rank 50)||1 Cloudsbreath Seed|
|Sea of Clouds – Sector 24 (Rank 50)||1 Cloudsbreath Seed|
If you choose the seeds, keep in mind that they will need 5 full days to grow.
Water them every day and don’t let them die.
Also, if you plant them with Grade 3 Shroud Topsoil (Miner Level 50, Rootslake – South Shroud, X:17, Y:29, 6 AM Eorzean Time), you’ll get two per plot instead of one.
So there you go.
Now that you’ve finished all your hard work, you can relax on your Magicked Bed in the sky. I hope you don’t move around a lot while you sleep.