Frostbite Venom can be taken from Frostbite Spiders that have already died.
Cronvangr Cave and Redbelly Mine are the best places to find a big number of these spiders.
They also show up in the wild at random, especially near the Rift and in the Morthal swamps.
Each spider will have one Frostbite poison, but Giant Frostbite Spiders can have up to two.
- Farming Frostbite Venom (Short Answer)
- Cronvangr Cave
- Redbelly Mine
Farming Frostbite Venom (Short Answer)
- Look for Frostbite Spiders: Frostbite Spiders are a common source of Frostbite Venom, so be on the lookout for spider nests in caves, ruins, and other locations. You can also find them in some dungeons, such as Bleak Falls Barrow.
- Check for Chaurus: Chaurus are another enemy that drops Frostbite Venom. They are usually found in Dwemer ruins or Falmer camps. Look for areas with spider webs, as they often indicate the presence of Chaurus.
- Use a bow or ranged attacks: Frostbite Spiders and Chaurus can be dangerous up close, so it’s often safer to use a bow or ranged attacks to take them out. This will also give you a better chance of getting multiple hits on them, increasing your chances of obtaining Frostbite Venom.
- Invest in alchemy: If you have the Alchemy skill, you can use Frostbite Venom to create more powerful poisons and potions. This can be a great way to make use of any excess Frostbite Venom you have and also earn some extra gold by selling your creations.
- Purchase Frostbite Venom from vendors: If you’re having trouble finding Frostbite Venom through combat or exploration, you can always purchase it from vendors. Apothecaries and general goods merchants often sell Frostbite Venom, so be sure to check with them regularly.
Cronvangr Cave is south-southwest of the city of Windhelm, east of Mixwater Mill.
You can also follow the river south to find a dead mammoth stuck in a web. At the entry, you can also find a few spider egg sacks.
In the first room, there will be 6 Frostbite Spiders that will attack you, but don’t worry. It’s not too hard to kill these bugs.
On the left is a small tunnel that leads to a path that leads down to a pool of water at the bottom of the cave.
Along this road, you can find another group of Frostbite Spiders.
You can take a road to the east from the bottom of the cave.
This takes you to Cronvangr Broodlair, where a giant Frostbite Spider and several smaller ones are waiting for you.
Redbelly Mine is in Shor’s Stone, which is north of Riften.
Before going into the mine, you can get the “Mine or Yours” quest from Filnjar, the blacksmith in town. In this quest, you need to get rid of all the Frostbite Spiders in Redbelly Mine.
Several Frostbite Spiders will attack you from the bridge in this area. So kill them and look for Frostbite Venom in their stuff.
Then, go left on the wooden path to the bottom of the mine, where you’ll find another group of spiders.
What is Frostbite Venom in Skyrim used for?
Frostbite Venom is a poison in Skyrim that can be used to coat weapons and deal additional frost damage to enemies. It is also used in some alchemy recipes as an ingredient.
Where can I find Frostbite Venom in Skyrim?
Frostbite Venom can be obtained by looting it from certain enemies, such as Frostbite Spiders and Chaurus, or by purchasing it from apothecaries or general goods merchants.
How can I farm Frostbite Venom in Skyrim?
To farm Frostbite Venom, you can repeatedly kill enemies that drop it, such as Frostbite Spiders and Chaurus. You can also purchase it from vendors and use it to create more Frostbite Venom through alchemy.
What alchemy recipes can I make with Frostbite Venom in Skyrim?
Frostbite Venom can be combined with other ingredients in alchemy to create potions that deal frost damage, fortify Lockpicking, and increase Stamina, among other effects.
What are some good places to farm Frostbite Venom in Skyrim?
Frostbite Spiders can be found in a variety of locations in Skyrim, including caves, ruins, and spider nests. Chaurus are usually found in Dwemer ruins or Falmer camps. Some specific locations to check include Frostflow Lighthouse, Alftand, and Blackreach.