The Dragon Crossbow is only worth getting if you can’t afford an Armadyl Crossbow or a Dragon Hunter Crossbow.
It’s cheaper (around 1m) and better than the Rune Crossbow, but you should only get it if you can’t afford the other two.
The real value of the Dragon Crossbow is that it can fire Dragon Bolts, while the Rune Crossbow can only fire Rune Bolts.
This makes the Dragon Crossbow a good choice for PvP and a good ranged weapon for PvM if you don’t want to risk too much money but still want to shoot strong bolts.
Here are some considerations to help you decide:
- Ranged Level: The Dragon Crossbow requires a Ranged level of 64 to wield. If you have already reached or surpassed this level, obtaining the Dragon Crossbow can provide a significant boost to your ranged combat capabilities.
- Budget: The Dragon Crossbow is a mid-tier crossbow, and its price can fluctuate depending on the in-game economy. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, it was generally more affordable compared to higher-tier crossbows like the Armadyl Crossbow. Consider your budget and whether the cost of the Dragon Crossbow aligns with your financial capabilities.
- PvM and PvP Considerations: The Dragon Crossbow is useful in both player-vs-monster (PvM) and player-vs-player (PvP) scenarios. It provides solid ranged damage output and accuracy, making it a viable option for boss fights, Slayer tasks, and PvP encounters. If you frequently engage in these activities and want to optimize your ranged setup, the Dragon Crossbow can be a worthwhile investment.
- Future Upgrades: It’s important to note that the Dragon Crossbow represents a mid-tier ranged weapon. If you have long-term goals and are willing to invest further, you may consider saving up for higher-tier options such as the Armadyl Crossbow or the Twisted Bow. These weapons offer better performance, but they come with a higher price tag.
- Personal Preference: Ultimately, the decision of whether the Dragon Crossbow is worth getting is subjective and depends on your personal preferences and goals in the game. If you enjoy ranged combat and want to upgrade your current equipment, the Dragon Crossbow can be a solid choice for its level and price range.
Remember to consider your overall gear setup, available funds, and long-term goals before making a decision.
Additionally, it’s always a good idea to consult the OSRS community, guides, or forums to gather more up-to-date information and insights on the Dragon Crossbow and its role in the game.
- How Good is the Dragon Crossbow?
How Good is the Dragon Crossbow?
Well, the Dragon Crossbow has a +94 range attack bonus, which is +4 better than a Rune Crossbow but slightly worse than the Armadyl Crossbow’s +100 bonus.
This puts it in the exact middle between the two.
So, the Dragon Crossbow is a good weapon to use in most fights. It is also used a lot by people who don’t have much money.
It also only needs a range level of 64 to use, making it the best crossbow in its slot for players between levels 64 and 70.
It also has a special attack called “Annihilate” that can hit up to 9 enemies in a 3×3 tile area and takes 60% of the special bar.
Also, whoever this attack’s main target is will take 20% more damage, while all other targets in a 33 area will take 20% less damage.
In PvP, this special affect is mostly used to do more damage to a single target. But special knockout guns that are better are often used instead (if they can be found).
To sum up, it’s a strong main tool that doesn’t cost too much. I’d suggest it for high-level PvP and PvM if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on something else.
How much does the Dragon Crossbow cost in OSRS?
The price of the Dragon Crossbow can vary depending on the current state of the in-game economy and market fluctuations. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, it was generally more affordable compared to higher-tier crossbows. However, it’s important to check the Grand Exchange or other player-to-player trading platforms for the most up-to-date price information.
How does the Dragon Crossbow compare to other crossbows in OSRS?
The Dragon Crossbow is considered a mid-tier crossbow in OSRS. It offers solid ranged damage and accuracy, but it is outperformed by higher-tier options such as the Armadyl Crossbow and the Twisted Bow. When comparing crossbows, it’s important to consider their requirements, prices, and the specific scenarios in which they are used.
What Ranged level do I need to wield the Dragon Crossbow?
The Dragon Crossbow requires a Ranged level of 64 to wield. If your Ranged level is below this requirement, you will need to train your Ranged skill to that level before you can effectively use the Dragon Crossbow.
Can I use Dragon Bolts with the Dragon Crossbow?
Yes, the Dragon Crossbow can be used with Dragon Bolts. Dragon Bolts are special ammunition that can be enchanted with various effects, such as the Dragonstone or Onyx bolts. Using enchanted bolts with the Dragon Crossbow can provide additional effects and bonuses to your ranged attacks.
Is the Dragon Crossbow recommended for specific PvM encounters or PvP situations?
The Dragon Crossbow is a viable option for both PvM and PvP scenarios. It provides solid ranged damage and accuracy, making it useful for boss fights, Slayer tasks, and PvP encounters. However, the specific recommendations may vary depending on the target or opponent you are facing. It’s advisable to consult guides, resources, or the OSRS community for more detailed strategies and recommendations.