Crafting is how you get the Nana Bear Minion.
It’s a Level 50 Weaver Recipe with four stars.
The Bear can also be bought from your Grand Company, which sells Material Coffer 3.0.
Each of these costs 20,000 Seals, and the Minion you get is a total surprise.
Even if you don’t Craft, you still have a chance of getting your Nana Bear.
For crafting, you don’t need specialized recipe books.
You just need the minimum stats and the materials, of course.
We can break down the Recipe here so that when the time comes, you’ll be ready to get your Nana Bear.
Recipe Tree is a useful tool that was added in Patch 5.1.
You can get it by choosing an item and clicking this menu item.
The bad thing is that it doesn’t really tell you where to get everything.
But don’t worry, we’ll explain it to you:
Nana Bear Recipe
Arachne Web x 1: You can’t actually gather this Crafting material.
You’ll need 2,250 Grand Company Seals to buy it from one of three places.
You’ll also have to be a Second Lieutenant in your Grand Company.
Here’s where they are:
- Flame Quartermaster (Ul’dah – The Steps of Nald, X:8 Y:9)
- Maelstrom Quartermaster (Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks – Maelstrom Command, X:13 Y:13)
- Adders Quartermaster (New Gridania – Adders’ Nest, X:10 Y:11)
Cashmere Cloth x 1: A Weaver Recipe for Level 50 with three stars.
You need Master Weaver I Book for this one.
You can buy the Book from Talan in Mor Dhona (Mor Dhona – Revenant’s Toll, X:22 Y:7) for 1 High-Quality Vanya Silk, which you can get in the following ways:
- Vanya Silk x1: 2 x Silk Thread (Level 50 Weaver) and 9 x Potash (available from your Grand company).
Once you have the Book, you’ll need to spend 1,150 Grand Company Seals to buy Cashmere Cloth.
The Diluted Vitriol is an Alchemist Craft for Level 50. It needs something from the Kobold Beast Tribe Merchant (Outer La Noscea – Camp Overlook, X:22 Y:18).
Apkallu Down x 3: This is one of the Materials that are easiest to get.
It can be found in three places:
- Apkallu enemies (Eastern La Noscea – Bloodshore, X:30, Y:35)
- Field Exploration IX (Gathering Retainer Level 40 Venture)
- Hunting Exploration (Combat Retainer Level 45 Venture)
Silk Thread: You need a Botanist Node with a timer or a Gathering Retainer.
There are three ways to get silkworm cocoons:
- Harvesting: East Shroud – Little Solace (Slot 4, Unspoiled Node, 1 AM Eorzean Time, Level 50 Botanist, X:22 Y:26)
- Woodland Exploration XI – XIV (Botanist Retainer Level 50 Venture).
Once you have everything you need, you can just Craft your Nana Bear Minion and enjoy your new soft friend.