After completing “True Blue,” an achievement for Blue Mages, you will unlock the Morbol Mount. No need to track down Jonathas; you can just claim it from the FFXIV Achievements menu.
Six separate accomplishments are added together to make the “True Blue” Achievement.
- “Mightier than the Dragon” from defeating Twintania in Turn 5 of The Binding Coil of Bahamut.
- “Mightier than the Raven” from defeating Nael van Darnus in Turn 9 of The Binding Coil of Bahamut.
- Bahamut’s “Mightier than the Dreadwyrm” toppled Bahamut in Turn 13 of his Binding Coil.
- “Mightier than the Manipulator” from defeating The Manipulator in Alexander – The Burden of the Father (Savage).
- “Mightier than Justice” by defeating Brute Justice in Alexander – The Burden of the Son (Savage).
- “Mightier than the Prime” from defeating Alexander Prime in The Soul of the Creator (Savage).
It is imperative that the entire Party of Blue Mages is in sync and that Echo is muted for any tasks to be considered complete.
As you may have guessed, this is not an easy task.
Blues In The Binding Coil
The first dreadful duty is to defeat the Turn End Bosses Twintania, Nael van Darnus, and Bahamut Prime in The Binding Coil of Bahamut.
Obviously, you’ll need all the Blue Magic Spells at your disposal for this.
The Blue Mage’s essential spells are broken down by role below.
- The Look – An AOE damage spell that generates enmity, paramount for keeping the boss’s focus. (Amdapor Keep—Anantaboga)
- Devour – A single target attack that increases your maximum HP for 70 seconds, effectively letting you take more damage. (The Binding Coil of Bahamut – Turn 1 – Caduceus)
- Cold Fog—A counter-type spell that gives access to a high-damage instant-cast spell. (The Burn: Mist Dragon)
- Mighty Guard—Tank Stance, which reduces damage taken and increases enmity generated. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after learning 10 Blue Mage Spells)
- Diamondback: Reduces all incoming damage by 90% for 10 seconds but restricts movement. (The Stone Vigil (Hard) – Cuca Fera)
- Dragon Force—Reduces incoming damage by 40%. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after learning 100 Blue Mage Spells)
- Chelonian Gate: 20% Damage Reduction with a large counterattack attached. (Hell’s Lid – Genbu)
- Pom Cure– This is a strong single-target heal. Expect to be focusing this spell on your assigned tank. (Thornmarch (Hard) – Furryfoot Kupli Kipp)
- Strotam: A spell that changes to a large AOE heal when used under the Aetherial Mimicry Effect. (Emanation-Lakshmi)
- Angel’s Snack: A massive AOE heal and Regen on a two-minute cooldown. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 at Level 70)
- Gobskin: A shield that can quickly be deployed to reduce incoming damage. (Alexander – The Breath of the Creator – Alexandrian Hider)
- Exuviation: An AOE heal which also removes negative status effects. (The Sea of Clouds, X:9 Y:17 – Abalathian Wamoura)
- Condensed Libra – Increases random “aspected” damage received by the target for 30s. (Great Gubal Library (Hard)–Mechanoscribe)
- Off-Guard – Increases damage received by the target for 15s. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after learning 5 Blue Mage Spells)
- A quick melee spell great for both damage and movement. (The Wanderer’s Palace – Tonberry King)
- Increases damage by a massive 50% for 15 seconds, but then disables actions for another 15 seconds. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after clearing 10 stages in Masked Carnival)
- Tingle: A small AOE which increases your next physical attack. (The Sea of Clouds–Dhalmel)
- Triple Trident: The strongest physical spell when paired with Tingle. (Yanxia, X:28 Y:6–Ebisu Catfish)
- Matra Magic: Extremely strong with-fold spell paired with bristle. (Wayward Gaheel Ja, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal, X:12 Y:13 after learning 100 Blue Mage Spells)
- Rose of Destruction: A powerful single-target spell on a 30-second cooldown. (The Temple of the Fist – Ivon Coeurlfist)
This is not a complete list, but it is a good place to start if you want to get your Malboro Mount.
Note that all Blue Mage Roles should be paired with “Aetherial Mimicry” (Pharos Sirius (Hard) – Ghrah Luminary) or spells won’t work.
There are different ways to deal with the Turns. Due to how powerful Blue Magic can be, most of the mechanics you’ll face are easy to deal with.
Try to learn about the fights so you don’t have to deal with extra problems in Party Finder.
Putting A Stop To Alexander’s Clock
Even though the Coils were a fairly gradual challenge, Alexander isn’t quite as easygoing.
You must beat the Savage versions of The Manipulator, Brute Justice, and Alexander Prime while in sync and without Echo.
For these fights, you’ll need a strong group.
You will also need to learn all of the game mechanics since they are not separated by Role.
Manipulator is the fight in this series that is the easiest. You can also try it with a setup of 1 Tank, 2 Healers, and 5 DPS.
The second hardest is Alexander Prime. Several parts of the fight need to be in the right place for them to work. Diagrams can help you understand “Temporal Stasis.”
By far, Brute Justice is what makes this Mount so rare. Check the guides and make sure that your DPS players know how to open and how to move around.
Good luck in your search for Morbol Mount!
If you get it, you’ll be one of the very few people who have it.