Striking Dummies are tools you can find all over the game world, on different levels, and in every expansion (more detail later in this guide).
You can practice rotations and skills on these dummies to get used to using them.
In Final Fantasy XIV, it’s really important to get your rotation right.
You won’t get the most out of your combat job if you don’t know when and how to use your skills.
But you can read rotation guides and watch videos until the Moogles come home and still not get it.
In my experience with MMOs, a big part of how well you do a rotation depends on how much of it you can learn by heart.
You want those key combinations to feel almost natural like your hands already know where to go and when.
If you want to do these things in the middle of a battle, you need to do them in real life first.
This is where striking dummies come in.
You can practice your skills as much as you want without feeling like you have to go into a real dungeon.
You can beat on a striking dummy for hours, and it won’t get tired.
In this guide, we’ll give you a full list of all the striking dummy locations in the game, along with their levels and screenshots to help you find them.
Are There Different Striking Dummy Types?
Yes, but there aren’t any big differences.
Just like you and every other character in Eorzea, striking dummies have levels that roughly match the difficulty of fighting an enemy of that level.
So, if you want to practice your rotation correctly, you’ll need to use dummies at your level or below.
Housing Estate Striking Dummies
You can buy striking dummies from different shops to use in your player housing estate.
If you want to do this, there are just a few things to keep in mind.
- The “Outdoor Furnishings” category on the Market board is where you’ll find striking dummies if you want to look for them.
- This means that you can only put them outside, which is something to keep in mind if you live in an apartment or have a private FC room that doesn’t let people in from the outside.
- And no matter how big your property is, you can only put three striking dummies in the yard.
This should be a lot more than you need.
But if there’s always a line for the dummies, don’t worry—there are plenty more to use out in the game world.
So, here’s a list of all the striking dummies you can put at home:
- Oriental Striking Dummy (Lv 1) – Carpenter Lv 50, 3 Star crafting recipe
- Glade Striking Dummy (Lv 50) – 180 Allied Seals – Adders Hunt Billmaster
- Riviera Striking Dummy (Lv 50) – 180 Allied Seals – Maelstrom Hunt Billmaster
- Oasis Striking Dummy (Lv 50) – 180 Allied Seals – Flames Hunt Billmaster
- Alps Striking Dummy (Lv 50) – Carpenter Lv 50, 3 Star crafting recipe
- Old World Striking Dummy (Lv 60) – 300 Centurio Seals – Ardolain (Forgotten Knight, Foundation)
- Faust Striking Dummy (Lv 60) – Armorer Lv 60, 3 Star crafting recipe
- Gyr Abanian Striking Dummy (Lv 70) – 5 Veteran’s Clan Mark Logs – Eschina (Rhalgr’s Reach)
Overworld Striking Dummies
Level 1 Striking Dummies (Locations)
There is six level one striking dummies in four different places.
The Bannock, Central Shroud (X: 24.0, Y:19.50) and (X:23.4, Y: 20.5)
Summerford Farm, Middle La Noscea (X: 26.2, Y: 17.4)
Scorpion Crossing, Western Thanalan (X: 26.3, Y: 24.7) and (X: 26.3, Y: 23.7)
Whitebrim Front, Coerthas Central Highlands (X: 13.1, Y: 17.1)
Level 50 Striking Dummies (Locations)
Four level 50 hitting dummies can be found in four different places.
Whitebrim Front, Coerthas Central Highlands (X: 13.5, Y: 16.8)
Falcon’s Nest, Coerthas Western Highlands (X: 31.5, Y: 38.7)
Tailfeather, Dravanian Forelands (X: 32.7, Y: 24.7)
The Collector’s Quarter, Dravanian Hinterlands (X: 22.8, Y: 16.7)
Level 60 Striking Dummies (Locations)
Only three level 60-hitting dummies need to be found.
Castrum Oriens, The Fringes (X: 9.9, Y: 11.8)
Namai, Yanxia (X: 31.0, Y: 16.5)
Reunion, The Azim Steppe (X: 34.0, Y: 27.0)
Level 70 Striking Dummies (Locations)
And finally, the overworld has only one group of level 70 striking dummies.
Porta Praetoria, The Lochs (X: 10.5, Y:20.5)